It’s time to reset the mindset this month. I feel like I’ve been falling away from healthy habits lately, and I need a challenge month to kick me back into living minimally. So, I’m deciding to “thrive with less” again this month by taking on the challenges that are found in the film. Mine will be a bit modified this month, but will have most of the same challenges. Here’s the list:
- Food - Never eat out. If I plan ahead, I should always have food in a brown bag with me when I’m on-the-go. This will save time and money when I’m out. I’m also going to attempt to spend $0 on food this month.
- Transportation - If my destination is less than three miles from home, I’m commuting by bicycle. Otherwise, the car is fine. Carpooling is preferred.
- Social Media - Limit all social media to 15 minutes, collectively, per day. This will force me to build face-to-face relationships and pursue other hobbies. Also, write letters and mail to long-distance friends.
- Clothing - Limit my wardrobe to four shirts, and one pair of pants. Shirts can be worn more than one day. But don’t let it get toxic, either. Also, donate extra clothes to a shelter.
- Exercise - Rigorous exercise for 30 minutes, three times per week. Exercise is a guaranteed way to raise your long-term mood. Check this article for more. This is more of an experiment for me.
- Pursue Passions - Last year I performed slam poetry for the first time. It was exhilarating and I’ve been wanting to try it again. I’m going to spend extra time set aside this month to write and practice slam poetry.
I’m feeling better already in just writing this blog post to you. I’m looking forward to learning this month about simplifying and becoming closer to the ideal person I strive to be. To me, that’s what I love so much about Thrive with Less. It’s shown me who I am once I get rid of the distractions.
I want to encourage anyone to use this month as your own challenge month. If you’re on the fence about whether or not to try one, write down what you think you could do. Sometimes, your first step doesn’t have to be your biggest.
In any case, I’ll be blogging about my journey this month as well as some further updates about the film’s progress as we aim for distribution! Stay tuned…
- catsupsoup likes this
- hollywood-dreamsongs likes this
- livingstonunderground likes this
- themonotonousmonster likes this
- extra---ordinary likes this
- godswerepoetsonce reblogged this from thrivewithless
- lochnesss likes this
- ohsifeekah likes this
- growuntilicant reblogged this from thrivewithless
- caresseroflife reblogged this from thrivewithless
- caresseroflife likes this
- julrosekram likes this
- madambeeshell likes this
- thrivewithless posted this